As voters get ready to go to the polls, the candidates for the next Mayor of London need to make sure they can harness all the support they can get before the May 3rd election.
But what do Londoners really want?
According to London Citizens, the capital’s largest people’s alliance, made up of 230 different education, faith and civil society organisations who work together for the common good, Londoners want:
- A better governed London—Meet with LC regularly & secure a place at the negotiating table for strategic decisions affecting our communities.
- A better housed London—Work with LC to publish an Affordable Rent figure, a London Living Homes Standard and create a network of community land trusts across London.
- A safer London—Be an Ambassador for the CitySafe Foundation, make the new Routemaster a “CitySafe” route and help launch 100 Days of Peace this summer.
- A brighter future for young Londoners—Provide a Working Future for young people with 2,000 new paid summer work placements, non graduate fast track opportunities and extending free travel for young people.
- A Living Wage for Londoners—Recruit 100 new companies as Living Wage employers, secure Living Wage commitments from all developers on the Olympic Park and ensure Living Wage Week is a success.